Lawsons Dry Hills Marlborough Chardonnay 2008
Wild and selected Burgundian yeasts were used for the
primary fermentation and a portion of the blend was allowed to undergo
malolactic fermentation. Each barrel was lees stirred for two months post
fermentation, and left to mature for ten months. This has created a big, complex chardonnay which gives nectarine, flint, mineral, oatmeal, vanilla and hazelnut characters on the nose.The palate is powerful, yet elegant with fine acidity, great depth and persistent lenght.
Drinking well in 2012, it will continue to develop in the bottle to 2014.
- Silver, NZ International Wine Show 2011
- Gold & Trophy, The Marlborough Wine Show 2011
- Silver, Air New Zealand Wine Awards 2011
- Gold, Royal Easter Wine Show 201
- 4 Stars "Another wine with a few years behind it is showing toasty, nutty
bottle-age flavours wrapped around a core of intense lemon and
lime-infused fruit. A hint of sweetness, textural softness and purity
all contribute to a very charming package." Cuisine Magazine April 2012
- 4.5 Stars, Winestate Magazine April 2012